I have found a new favorite city: Budapest, Hungary. I spent 4 nights there during the beginning of February and have decided to go back next weekend. I have 3 Vienna friends joining me. It is a beautiful city with lots to do and see.


The thermal baths are wonderful, especially during the winter. I went to the Gellert Baths to warm up my chilly bones and spent a whole day in 34 C/ 93 F water.

I walked to the top of a hill to see a view of all of Budapest. This is the view of the Parliament building

There are many wonderful statues and fountains throughout the whole city, but this was one of my favorites.
Ducks heating up in the steaming thermal pond--one of the only non-frozen outdoor bodies of water aside from the Danube River.
I walked across three of the bridges crossing the Danube River which separates the two parts of the city, Buda and Pest.
No comments:
Post a Comment